IT Project Manager at Datonomy Solutions
Ensure the direction of the execution of the projects of the entire IT portfolio. This will require providing leadership and direction to multiple projects and project team members, primarily across the IT organization. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that projects are planned and implemented in a structured manner to maximize benefit delivery and limit project and business risks, within scope, quality, time and cost. This is a 6 month contract position based at Headquarters in Cape Town Job Description Project Delivery Management Take a project from the start (idea stage) and organize a plan to deliver all aspects of the final working solution o Define the objectives, scope, impacts, results, costs, benefits and criteria for the success of the project in collaboration with the business champions, the management of the business unit, stakeholders and program sponsor (if applicable) on-time completion o Ensure delivery of the required outcome (s) for each phase or step o Create and control all documentation related to project management o Conduct post-implementation reviews implementation (PIR), define recommendations based on best practices and lessons learned o Understand and ensure that business requirements have been understood and correctly interpreted Problems and risk management Identify and address Mitigate risks that may negatively impact the project o Escalation of key decisions, unresolved issues and risks. quality management principles and processes o Ensure that all work is undertaken within the framework of the organization’s standards and processes o Ensure that required documentation is complete, up-to-date and stored appropriately Communicate project status o Produce management reports using the established IT portfolio management methodology o Establish and update plans with actual data and forecasts Minimum requirements
- Relevant 3-year university degree or NQF-compliant qualification
- Project management certification
- In-depth understanding and experience of IT project management methodologies
- Up to 7 years of experience in program and project management
- Manage at least 5 IT or IT related projects throughout the entire project management lifecycle
- Proven track record of delivering commercial applications and infrastructure projects
- Relevant experience in the retail industry an advantage
- Ability to develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify initiatives to be approved by the management team
- Ability to align running IT projects with business requirements throughout the program and project lifecycle
- Attention to detail and meeting essential deadlines
- Good understanding of the IT landscape, including a systemic understanding of key business relationships and dependencies
- Is aware and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
- Quickly identifies key issues, stakeholders, and points of view in a complex situation or problem Finds ways to condense large amounts of information into useful form
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and works proactively to overcome potential obstacles
- Asks insightful and probing questions to get to the heart of the matter
- Allocate time and resources as needed in the face of multiple demands and competing priorities
- Consider financial implications before finalizing activity / project plans
- Actively monitors resource allocation and use and makes adjustments as needed
- Accurately interprets the moods, feelings and reactions of others and adjusts own behavior to build effective relationships within the organization and with its business partners
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact, showing respect for different points of view
- Understands the perspective of others to establish mutually beneficial goals
- Coach others on how to develop proposals and work plans for effective partnership agreements.
- Makes connections that help facilitate the achievement of larger organizational goals.
- Actively listens to, interprets and presents messages in different ways to improve understanding.
- Appropriately adapts the message, style and tone of communication to suit a variety of audiences.
- Continuously looks for ways to adapt and improve through change
- Redirects the efforts of own or own teams in response to changing circumstances to ensure effective problem resolution
- Project Manager
Find out more / Apply for this position